A friend showed me her bucket list last night.
You know, like the things you want to do in life before you “kick the bucket.”
On it were normal things like visit London and go surfing and brave things things like study abroad in Greece and go skydiving and then kind of towards the end there were more unique things like visit a friend’s grave in the rural south and get married in the castle outside of Disney’s Magic Kingdom.
And then, in a job interview today, I was asked what was on my bucket list.
I didn’t really have a great answer for them…so they probably think I’m really lame.
And then as I was writing this post, I spotted this flyer lying on the table next to me.
Anyhow, I wanted to throw a few ideas together here so I’m never caught off guard again, in a job interview or trivial conversation.
In the seventy years I have left on this earth (God willing) here are some of the highlights I hope to make happen.
I’ll give a top ten.
my bucket list
1. be actually surprised by a surprise party that gets thrown for me
2. visit Palestine and tread the ground where Jesus walked
3. be in a movie (my dad was in Blues Brothers, and I want to beat him)
4. see a miracle
5. cut my first child’s umbilical cord (that would also fulfill the previous one)
6. be published
7. the sex slave trade – end it
8. be a guest star on the Simpsons
9. give a TED talk
10. save someone’s life
I suppose there’s a heck of a lot more, but let’s call it quits around here.
now how about you?
what’s on your bucket list?